PLEASE SEE THE LINKS BELOW FOR CURRENT SCHOOL NEWSLETTER UPDATES, AND KEA SYNDICATE NEWSLETTERS
15 September 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 8, Term 3)
1 September 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 6, Term 3)
18 August 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 4, Term 3)
4 August 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 2, Term 3)
7 July 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 10, Term 2)
23 June 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 8, Term 2)
9 June 2016 – Thorndon School Newsletter (Week 6, Term 2)
INSIDE OUT RESOURCE
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT
Inside Out is a set of freely available video-based teaching resources which aim to decrease homophobic and transphobic bullying by:
- Reducing homophobia and transphobia
- Using a norm-challenging pedagogical approach to cultivate critical thinking, perspective-taking and empathy
- Helping people understand key concepts and terms related to young people with diverse sex, gender and sexual identities
- Identifying what bullying is, and what homophobic and transphobic bullying behaviour may look like
- Exploring how people can better support intersex, gender diverse and sexuality diverse young people
- Supporting positive social behaviour in children and young people, as peers of intersex, gender diverse and sexuality diverse young people
Inside Out meets key NZ Curriculum and Health Curriculum objectives, including positive relating to others, fostering healthy communities, critical thinking, participating and contributing, sexual health and development, interpersonal skills and attitudes, stereotypes and managing self. (See the Pedagogy Guide included in the Resource Pack for more information on curriculum objectives).
Inside Out is ultimately about fostering positive relating to others, especially in terms of sex, gender and sexual diversity.
This will be covered once a week – please let me know if you would like your child to be taken out of these sessions.
SEXUALITY EDUCATION – Kea and Kakapo Newsletter 9th May 2016